Colgate wants everyone to feel like they belong and get help, no matter their sexual orientation, gender identity, or how they show their gender.
Our goal is to help LGBTQ+ students, staff, and faculty through educational programs, community-building projects, and advocacy.
A Friendly Neighborhood
Colgate celebrates all identities that overlap and work together to make the campus a more welcoming place for everyone. There’s:
- Chosen name and pronoun options for academic records, course rosters, deans’, advisors’, and coaches’ dashboards, as well as the online Campus Directory.
- A health insurance plan that covers hormone therapy and surgery to change a person’s gender.
- With help from the ALANA Cultural Center, the Office of the
- Chaplains, the Women’s Studies Program, and the LGBTQ Studies Program, students can explore how they can be their fullest selves.
- There are over 40 restrooms for both men and women on campus.
- Gender-inclusive housing, housing for people with specific interests, and room preferences for first-year students.
- Professional staff who have been trained in SafeZone and are committed to making spaces and programs that are open to everyone.
- The Office of LGBTQ+ Initiatives helps LGBTQ+ student groups like QTPOC (queer and trans students of color) and Lambda (a group for LGBTQ+ students and their allies).